Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@lavenderhaze today isn't really a good day. 

Thanks for the thoughts @Emelia8 The support goes both ways too.

@creative_writer it would be worth knowing either way.

Aw hun @Snowie 

We're all here for you

You have shown so much strength and you're so compassionate

I hope you're channeling some of that compassion and kindness towards yourself ❤️

Maybe do something that brings you comfort? Weighted blanket and binging Friends? 🙂

Its hard to show compassion when it is self inflicted @lavenderhaze 

Under my weighted blanket. Have the tv on buy not really watching it. 

I hear you @Snowie ❤️

I think it's much harder to be kind to yourself than others

I try to remind myself that I am doing the best I can when the negative voice in my head is getting too loud

I try to think of myself as a little girl, and it gets a bit easier to show her compassion than my present self, if that makes sense.

I was asked why @lavenderhaze. Why when I have kids and a hubby. Like I don't have enough shame already. Why be kind when all I feel is shame. That negative voice is overpowering. It does not give one a break.

My psych always says to picture I am talking to myself when I was young. What would I say to that little girl. Why would anyone care. They didn't back then.

Shame is such a tricky emotion, @Snowie. Like anger, shame usually hides another emotion beneath it. 

I completely understand when you say the negative voice is overpowering, and there's no rest. It is so difficult to turn off that voice in us sometimes. 

I usually look at myself in the mirror and say things I would say to that little girl. What you say is not important; it's more about making sure that the little child in you feels heard and seen. Especially if you feel nobody cared back then. Tell her that she deserves love. ❤️

@Snowie how are you feeling this afternoon? 💖🫂

I avoid mirrors @lavenderhaze I hate looking at myself. 

That voice doesn't give in. It wins in the end.

Minute by minute @creative_writer 

How is your day going?

@Snowie and that okay. Sometimes you need to take it minute by minute. Are you doing anything for self-care this afternoon?

It's okay, studying full time is busy
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846