Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Daily positives

That sounds positive @ArraDreaming . 

I know someone else on the meds and he said that as an adult, he could never work out why everything was always a haze to him. In his 40s, he first took the meds, and he felt he's come to life. - albeit, his son has been on the meds for over a year now. The son was struggling so much at school, and below level, and now he is a year ahead after being on the meds.

Just shows...

I’m not expecting any dramatic changes any time soon @tyme but I’m suprised how quickly I have got the part of my inner dialogue back that I feel like I lost 

I hope you don't feel 'wrong' or 'bad' for taking the medication @ArraDreaming - I embrace and celebrate neurodiversity amongst us. There's so much to bring to society.

Go gentle on yourself. Take it easy. It might take some time to get used to. Otherwise, meds may need tweaking. Good to speak to your prescribing doc.

I think that is the thought many people have @ArraDreaming - I definitely don't want to take my meds; yet I'm also mindful that I want to have quality of life and to also be well enough to help others. If I'm not well, I won't be able to do anything! Hence I am very careful not to upset the equilibrium.

Hang in there my friend - it'll be worth it! Just like going to bed is worth it if you get Cheerios in the morning!

I also did some housework today it feels so good to be in a clean space im feeling very relaxed atm 😊

Hi Everyone

I’ve just come back from a long holiday where hiking was the primary focus.

Some things that I feel good about:

- I succeeded when deep down I thought I’d fail

- hiking isn’t just a hobbie…it’s a religion

- I don’t need to be put off by doing things on my own

- the list of what I want to be doing is now growing (and I’m sure I can do much of it…it’s going to be more about finding a way)

- I really do adore cooking and plan to do more baking

- I have a ways to go in baking sourdough (last one was a flop)

- my interest in reading has been reignited (I’m suddenly both ravenous and curious)

Life is very, very good right now. Just had to share.

restarting this wonderful thread @outlander , 

hello @Delicatessen , @Iluvme2much , @ArraDreaming , @tyme , @Former-Member , @Jynx , @amber22 , @Faith-and-Hope , @Judi9877 , @BlueBay , @oceangirl , @maddison , @Aniela , @Eve7 , @Former-Member , @Snowie , @Former-Member , @Academica , @Dimity , @StuF , @Jacques , @Appleblossom , @Meowmy , @Bow , @Emelia8 , @Smc , @Krishna , @Zoe7 

my daily positives for today are

-- Enjoying a coffee

-- quietly relaxing on the couch 

-- talking to my awesome friends on the forum 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846