Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

Friends, are hard to fit in

just doing the others fills up my time @Peonies@outlander , @Former-Member 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

Outings are nice 🌻 ðŸŒ± @Shaz51  Sometimes it's good to have a change in scenary (even if it means just going to the backyard for a picnic ðŸŒž)  

I rely on my phone calendar but feel that I am  becoming disorganised.

yes @Former-Member , @Peonies  feel that I am getting a becoming disorganised. when things happen which throws out the plan 

Friends are important to me as I do not have family close to where I live.

@outlander @Former-Member Sounds like we've got some amazing organisers amongst ourselves here! 
@Former-Member I use my phone calendar to set reminders of doctors/psychologist appointments (I find it helpful as all of the apointments are via telehealth at the moment). 

i use the wall calendar @Peonies , @Former-Member 

and mr shaz says are we doing all that this week !!!!

I can totally relate to that @Shaz51 -  It can feel overwhelming when things do not happen according to how we have planned. I find it helpful to take a step back for 5 minutes, say to myself "that's alright! I just need to reorganise a few things around. It's do-able! " and then focus my energy on what I know and can control and do Heart 

We did use a calendar and it was working well but Mr Darcy kept putting it away. He has all his appointments on torn off bits of paper or appointment cards in a pile on the table and he doesn't like me touching them.

say to myself "that's alright! I just need to reorganise a few things around. It's do-able! " and then focus my energy on what I know and can control and do , Yes @Peonies , I have crossed things off and rebooked every week 

and even cancelled things at the last minutes like dinners etc 

like tonight i went to give mum a ring and she has the phone off the hook @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846