Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

Maybe it's time to think about starting to find some things that interest you @outlander 

Or things you liked doing before you became a carer. I know with your pain levels that this can be hard, but you might just find a few things that you enjoy.

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@outlander sorry things are extra tough for you atm hun - if there's anything you wanna chat about or get off your chest, I'm here for you 💜

there is nothing @Snowie
i had hobbies and i dont feel like doing any of them. i have no motivation or energy to do it.

i got a tattoo but the excitement from that has even worn off now.
i still have to think about moving as well but i cant till i pay some debts off and i still have so much of the house to do. i need to ty and get as much as possible done before i go away in july for a few weeks if i make it till then mentally as its going downhill fast.

thanks @Jynx guess its just everything
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@outlander mm I hear you hun, it's a big pile of ugh, a barrel of blech, and a helping of oof. 

Is there a bit of a sense of there being so much to do that your hobbies feel like a 'waste of time' at the moment? Or more the anhedonia side of things? 

I don’t know @Jynx doesn’t matter what hobby I pick up like drawing or crochet or even scrapbooking I do about 10 minutes and I give up. There’s no joy in it
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Mm so anhedonia stuff @outlander. That is so rough hun. Have you had a chance to chat to any of your supports about it? 

What supports @Jynx I don’t have anyone.
I had support workers but it got to expensive so I don’t have them and haven’t had them for a while now and my mhcp is nearly finished so sessions are basically once a month at this point because even though my insurance will cover some it’s not enough right now I can’t afford the big gap fees at this stage
Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@outlander oh no I'm sorry hun, I didn't realise you'd had to cancel your SWs, that does make things harder. Anhedonia is such a tricky one, and unique to everyone as to the underlying causes. I found this blog that talks about the science of it - it talks about certain regions of the brain responsible for our mood regulation that can shrink, thus making it harder to produce dopamine. The article is related to addiction but I think it can be widely applicable, and there's some suggestions in there to try, if you wanted. It is treatable, is also a big takeaway - regions that can shrink can also grow again, it just takes time. 

I'm logging off soon so I will bid you goodnight hun. I hope tomorrow is easier on you, and I will chat to you next time. Huuugs🫂💜

80533095_979174209106232_2807698221080510464_n.jpg

thanks @Jynx ill read it

Hey @outlander ,

Hope you are okay.

Thinking of you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846