Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

Well double time is better @outlander 

I love that show, one of my favourites.

After what you have gone through lately I think you deserve the down time hon. Just time to chill out would be nice.

@outlander sounds like you’ve had a productive day today. I haven’t had a very productive today, sadly 😞. I hope work goes okay for you, I know living costs are high right now, and there is a constant pressure to cover living costs. I hope you can take care of yourself after work 💖

im at work now but only for another 3 and half hours @Snowie
thankfully most of the things that needed to be picked up were with a few more organised for tomorrow arvo.

hey @creative_writer
the cost of living is crazy esp since im only on one income but still needing to pay pops share for now as well.
ive had to cancel next weeks appointments because its over 400$. its to expensive at this stage when i need to use that money on bills and the more important appointments at this stage like neurologist and the tests required to further investigate the results that have just come up.

thats ok, not every day needs to be productive. sometimes it just works out to be a crappy day and just one we need to get through.
do you want to talk about anything?

Thats good then @outlander 

I hope work goes ok for you.

@outlander it is hard. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had to cancel appointments. Everything has also become more expensive since covid.

I’ve just had a rough day, I just hope tomorrow is better, but I think I’m realising I’m probably holding too much in, probably do need to get it out, but it’s hard feeling like a burden for hurting

its going ok so fa @Snowie but i wont be working to many afternoons. i really dont enjoy them but was an urgent fill in today.

@creative_writer it is hard, im mostly in the private system though which i dont mind but at the moment i have to prioritise where my money is going and this appointment can wait a few weeks after ive done the rest of the tests and seen the neurologist for the next steps.
depending on what she says spinal surgery may be on the card for me so i really hope it can be fixed without surgery

it is hard when we feel like a burden but your not a burden at all and you can always talk here.
have you got a psychologist that also helps you too?

@outlander private system is really expensive, I see my psych and pdoc privately, and the costs add up. I only see my psych once a month since I don't have a higher insurance cover right now.

I've managed to convince myself I am a burden because time and time again my parents would get distressed when I was distressed. To help them cope I shut down. I used to be shamed by other people at school for crying too, so I'm used to holding back tears, even in therapy

i understand @creative_writer my family just use to call me an attention seeker if i said i was struggling and when i was seriously mentally ill and ended up in a psych hospital for just over a week they wouldnt speak to me or even call me while i was admitted, the nursing staff had to help me get clothing as i come in with nothing at all except what i was wearing.
it is hard to cope when those around us dont know how to react or manage themselves. their reaction is not yours however, they are adults and its up to them how they react. your feelings are valid and if your struggling then that is how your feeling.

it really sucks that the private system is so expensive, it is no wonder that many cant afford to access supports or not as often as they should be able to due to the excessive costs.

Hugs @outlander ,

I'm so sorry to hear that @outlander . I can relate though. It's happened to me before. I had nothing except the clothes I was wearing. 

Some people don't understand the complexities of MH because they didn't have the opportunity to, some people are too afraid to know, and there are some who choose not to know.

I reckon, if I didn't have my own MH issues, i'd be one who chooses not to know (sad to say). Hence, I'm grateful for everything, because it's made me who I am.

@creative_writer , yes, costs are so high. I booked an appointment with my psych for next week, and the receptionist phoned me back to say the cost has gone up - again. I can see how these costs add up for people.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846