Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: My Mosaic

That’s the best kind of cafe to go to when ya got kids in tow @tyme you can sit and chat mostly uninterrupted while the kids play. That’s why my friend and I enjoy the school holidays. She often has her granddaughter for a week, so she takes her and I take my daughter. Last school holidays we went to the beach. Yesterday we went to a new flashy big splash park. 

I met with my SW for a hot chocolate.., made with melted chocolate, before we had groups. Group goes for 3hrs. Haven’t really done much else. Mum is sick with what I had over the weekend, but she has it much worse. 

Oh dear @Bow ,

Sorry to hear you mum is so unwell. Poor thing.

Does your SW go with you to group? 

As for the kids playing together, it's a great idea. Otherwise it's hard for one to occupy themselves. And yes, you're right. These are the best cafes because it means they can play and we can talk uninterrupted!

The splash park sounds fun. 

My other sister and her family are in Bali at the moment. Seems like the place to be. So many people going to Bali at the moment. At least my nephew and niece are happy there. Their photos look awesome!

Bow
Senior Contributor

@tyme My SW works for the organization that runs the group that I go to. And she runs the arts and craft group. So yes 🙂  They do something every day. I think Monday is a chit chat and cuppa group. Tuesday is some kind of mindfulness/ music thing- lady that does that is a bit alternative and I ain’t in to that kinda stuff. Wednesday is art. Thursday sport. Friday is a different activity every week. Saturday they don’t currently have anyone working cause they are so under staffed unfortunately, but normally they do something. And Sunday is some other planned activity- eg movies, bowling, putt putt. Every now and then they will combine with other areas and bring everyone together and do a big day out. 

i know a few people in Bali at the moment too. 

Is this through NDIS? It's pretty cool you can have something everyday. I guess it helps with recovery for the time being (until you don't need it) @Bow 

Bow
Senior Contributor

I don’t have NDIS @tyme my CM from comm mh referred me to this service so I access via some other government funding and a community living support program. But this organisation does do some ndis work and some clients that come to groups are through ndis. 

it is good that they have something on every day… and I get a phone call every day to check in and see how I am. 

That's amazing @Bow ! 

It can be such a powerful addition to one's recovery. So glad you can access it. Is it timed? Or is it ongoing support?

When I had my psychosocial support worker, it was limited to 6 months or so.

Bow
Senior Contributor

Well…. Apparently it is suppose to be timed @tyme ! Remember back when I was fighting to keep my SW instead of having to change every 3 mths? My SW told me then that it’s only suppose to be short term support, can’t remember how long she said. But I have been there for a while. If long term support is needed they are suppose to transfer them over the ndis. I know it’s everyone’s goal to not need supports, but can’t imagine this service and my SW not to on my team.  A few people have said I should apply for ndis. But I don’t think my SW would stay with me. She doesn’t do the ndis side of things. I hope to  stay as long as I can.. for as long as I need?

Yeah, that's a fair call @Bow .

I guess it's about making the most of it while you are there. I'm glad you have that support. It is far from your place? As in, do you have to travel far to attend the groups etc?

Bow
Senior Contributor

Pretty close @tyme  10min drive. 

Bow
Senior Contributor

So mums in bed with the gastro bug. She’s really not well. 

Just put daughter to bed after falling asleep on my knee- that never happens. She’s coming down with some virus or something. Needed her puffers today- she only uses them when sick. Think she probably has a temp too. 

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846