Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Max2121
Casual Contributor

Mental health order

Have been put on community mental health order level 2 for 6 months how long can they keep on a order?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Mental health order

@Max2121  That depends on the state or territory you are in. But the longest I have heard is for a year until the review. But if they review it and decide to place you on another then it would be another year to 6 months or how ever long they specify. Ultimately though there is no maximum amount of time you can spend on the orders so for example if they kept granting new orders you could be on them continuously for 10 years. 

I was on a treatment order for a while actually I was on several so maybe altogether the time I spent on them was 2-3 years but I have seen some people on them for a very long time... 

do you know why they put you on an order? Perhaps if you are not happy with the decision you could talk to your treatment team about why they decided to do that and if there is a way you can not be on the order. Also perhaps look into mental health advocacy services in your state. 

that sounds horrible @Max2121 . I love my freedom and do everything I can to be free of mental health practitioners.

what's your mental illness?

Not comfortable discussing that. I appreciate your reply it is horrible my freedom like you means everything to me .

Thanks mate appreciate you replying and you advice.hope things are cool in your world.

Thanks mate appreciate your reply hope things are cool in your world.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846