Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Yeah it's something my mum taught me when I was a kid and I made some very wonky scarves @Captain24 

I didn't keep up with it and had to re-teach myself with the help of instructional youtube videos. I did recently buy a few knitting books too and even joined a knitting forum. 

I would love to learn to leadlight! There's so many crafts I want to learn but it can be very hard to find the time to be able to commit to weekly classes. I recently just signed up for a 4-week oil painting class after thinking about it for well over a year! 

Maybe I could try tutorials for knitting @Ru-bee. Time is a problem though. You are lucky to have a mum that was willing to show you. My mum said she couldn’t knit. I have to say though that she did teach me to sew. 

I’m also trying to study. They have offered me help after I had a complete breakdown. I’m trying to get restarted this block off work. 

There isn’t much offered out here. So the lead light class has taken off. We did have someone that taught pottery and that sort of stuff be she passed away earlier in the year. 

I live in central NSW in a town of 10000 people. Thats including the three villages around us. They range from 15 minutes to 30 minutes away. Just to give you an idea of why it’s hard for new things to try. 

I work in a coal mine so my roster doesn’t really work to commit to weekly things. Which also makes it all so hard. Plus I’ve used all my leave to go to hospital in August. 

I’m wondering which direction my life is headed. 

I often wonder that too... for many on the forums, as well as myself @Captain24 . It's our own little adventure 🙂

I’m not sure I want the adventure @tyme. Today at this moment, even through the negativity, I’m feeling a little better.

I need for it to continue but I’m scared it won’t, that things will just get worse again. I know I’m also preempting things which is not healthy. It’s hard when that has been the continual cycle. 

Hey @Captain24 ,

Hearing you. You have been in this space for a while, so it is inevitable that your mind gravitates towards thinking this way.

Hopefully, in days to come, you will work with a professional to tackle some of these unhelpful narratives and begin your journey of helpful self-talk.

I've been doing a lot of self-talk these last few days because things have been incredibly tough for me irl. Yet I'm sure things will improve. As I share these strategies with others, I and consolidating them within myself. This is the beauty of peer work 🙂

Anyway, I have to go, but will reach out tomorrow.

I’m sorry that it’s been tough. @tyme. I did kinda notice a couple of things in the PGC! 

No appointments for another week!

Have a good night and as always, thank you! 

@Captain24  I was so pleased to hear you sounded a bit better yesterday (despite being sick)!

I've read the last 10 pages to catch up and I am so mad at your parents. They are the ones who told you you were worthless (by word or deed, not sure) and so now you feel worthless. (I was the same)

I was amazed at your post describing how cold it gets there! The washing that freezes on the line, the pipes that freeze and the cold water on the windscreen freezing! 😮 And the minus 1.9 you showed me!

I hope you can take care of yourself the next 3 days while you are off work and that you get better from being sick 🤞

@tyme wrote:

...these last few days because things have been incredibly tough for me irl.

@tyme  Sorry to hear this 😢 

I hope things improve for you quickly 🤞

Hey @NatureLover

Im feeling a lot better today. Thanks. 

It’s been really cold the last few mornings so I’ve just stayed in bed. 

Nothing much planned other than housework and bath Pix. Jett can’t have one yet. I think once his wound has healed he can have a bath. 

Hope all is ok with you? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846