Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

I got a few things done @Jynx  i mentioned it all on my thread… we kinda have 2 conversations going at once haha. It’s weird I get all this motivation to do random stuff when mum is away!

oh the dentist! Yuck! And double yuck needing surgery to remove that pesky tooth that wants to grow weirdly. I’ve had all of my wisdom teeth out. I remember the first one I went to the dental hospital in the city and they let a student do it… worst experience having instruments shoved way too far down my throat. And then sitting on the train with a numb mouth totally drooling and having no idea about it!  Hope your experiences are much better!

My eye is doing ok @tyme. It just feels like I have something in it. I’m hopeless with eye drops. I screw my eyes up and the eye drops go everywhere. The poor doctor at the hospital tried to flip my eyelid on itself but I couldn’t let her get close enough! 

Yeah the webinar was amazing. She spoke so well and made it feel like it’s everyday life. Which for some of us it is. I like how she explained bipolar in laymen’s terms. She made me feel that having bipolar is normal. 

I think you will get a lot out of it. I did. 

Wisdom teeth.. ouch. I still have 2 to come out. Both need to be surgically removed as well.

I haven’t been to the dentist in years. @Jynx. I can’t even remember how many. 

Im having issues with my gums. Especially when brushing. 

It’s going to have to wait until I get back though. 

Sorry @rav3n i just realised I missed you. I do apologise. 

Thanks for your wishes. I hope I can connect to a new GP. It did take me a little while with my current GP as he had a lot to live up to after my previous GP. If the first GP hadn’t have heard me I wouldn’t be here now. 

Haha thanks @Bow me too! The half-numb face business is always soooo weird! I'd have to go under anaesthetic for this one though so thankfully, no drooly train rides for me!

@Captain24 oh ouch! Yeah I learned my lesson about the dentist quite young, I had a triple root canal in one of my molars when I was just 20 years old... cos I wasn't brushing my teeth enough and broke my tooth on a fantail when I was 17! Yes... I had only half a molar for three years, yes, it was gross. Thanks depression 😅

I used to be too scared to go for a while cos I felt like they would judge me for how crappy my teeth were. But they never have...in fact I think dentists like people with crappy teeth cos it means they make more money! So deffo something to pop on your to-do list for after the hospital, maybe? IDK, they're your teeth haha 😋

The half numb face is weird @Jynx @Bow. Try having a numb eyeball! 

I know I need to go but yes I’m scared of the judgement. I don’t brush my teeth everyday, of course I do if im going somewhere. I don’t know how to floss… so much is so wrong. 

I fail at lots. 

I hopefully can get my meds tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning 

@Snowie wrote:

Hi @Jynx 

Day has been just another day. Had appt. with pdoc. Cooked tea. Early night.

I totally missed this earlier hun, and didn't want you to think I was purposefully ignoring you!! 

Early night always good, hope you're already in slumberland, or close to it. I'm off for a little while, heading to NSW next week to help out family, so I will catch up with you when I get back. May your path slope gently downwards along the way 💜

I’m so sorry everyone…look after yourselves

@Captain24 oh I couldn't even imagine... cos like, I can't feel my eyeball right now! I guess if I strain a little and move my iris right to the periphery... but yeah I can imagine that would feel absolutely bizarre! 

I think most dentists nowadays (unless you happen to get someone crappy) really do understand how much anxiety people get about getting in the chair. It's a SUPER common fear, both of the judgement, and of the drill. So they are more nurturing and gentle these days methinks. Also, something that helped me was to remember that there's folks with WAY worse teeth going in there! This is not a judgement at all on anyone who has struggled with meth, but having seen how much damage it can do to the teeth is bonkers - and that thought kinda helped comfort me about how yellow/covered in plaque/riddled with holes my own teeth were.

And yeah, I've had soooo many fillings, the triple root canal (and nearly a second root canal! If the filling in that tooth doesn't hold I'll need another one), all of it. So please remember you're not alone on that front. Legit, dental hygeine can be so hard to maintain! So give yourself some grace there hun 💜

Also for flossing - I cannot for the life of me use regular dental floss, where you wrap it round your fingers and have to reach into the back of your mouth somehow with both hands? Makes me gag a little tbh. These little thingos changed my life:

Screenshot 2024-08-01 205535.png

You can properly push them between each tooth, reach the back, and don't end up cutting off all my finger circulation to use them! It hurts at first if you haven't done it in a while, and your gums will very likely bleed, so be gentle. One of those 'the more you do it the better it is' kinda things. I actually love flossing now, I get super into it cos there's something almost ASMR-like about being able to see all the bits you're removing! Maybe I'm just weird. 

ANYWAY.. now I'm really leaving for actual realsies! See you in a bit over a week! 

Big love forumites!! 💜

@Captain24 wrote:

My eye is doing ok @tyme. It just feels like I have something in it. I’m hopeless with eye drops. I screw my eyes up and the eye drops go everywhere. The poor doctor at the hospital tried to flip my eyelid on itself but I couldn’t let her get close enough! 

Yeah the webinar was amazing. She spoke so well and made it feel like it’s everyday life. Which for some of us it is. I like how she explained bipolar in laymen’s terms. She made me feel that having bipolar is normal. 

I think you will get a lot out of it. I did. 

Ooooo! Sounded so good @Captain24 !

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846