Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Peer Group Chat // Optimising our Environment For Us // Thursday 8th February 2024, 7-8:30PM AEDT

That sounds lovely @Glisten 🌺💜🙂

My apologies if my previous comment seemed insincere - initially the image didn’t appear, and there was a yellow triangle in its place while it was waiting to be loaded 🙂🌺

I think it’s beautiful that the pic has moved to a new place where it’ll be enjoyed, and it’s given you a sense of closure  💜

Re: Peer Group Chat // Optimising our Environment For Us // Thursday 8th February 2024, 7-8:30PM AEDT

@PinkFlamingo  never explain, don’t complain. I am well aware of image lag in Forumland.

You are fine. It’s almost impossible to offend me.

G

Hey @Glisten 🙂

So sweet of you - thank you 🌺💜🙂

Wow  @Glisten  beautiful picture ..   There is a story beneath your story. . .   don't leave old tonys hangin..

Mate ..  Different topic..  I loved your Huckleberry Fin  post.  Travelled Australia for many years in a small motor home   " working the farms,"

It  bore the name  Huckleberry Fin.  I was known in that community by that name.  I still have the old girl parked down near the river.  

Your have powers my friend..  always said it.   I mean, really.   What's the odds..

Makes me happy to see you looking a little shiny.  Your made of stern stuff my friend.    Will send you 

some pics next week of the ensuite  for your perusal.  Mate I think you should be working at bunnings or some hardware outlet.  At the very least,  a little gardening run.  Swear to God,  if you lived around

hear,  you'd pan gold..

Well. .   I better go and deal with my issue...  I woke up and one of my lungs was on the pillow next to 

me.  Did the usual thing and shoved it back into me with a stick.   

About 10 minutes later my friend walks in and ask me if I've seen her missing red hot water bottle. . .

Opps...               🫤.   I need to go away   . . dont I.. Glisten..

Take care my dear friend tonys,

Hi  @TAB  n @StuF ..   hope you guys are well.  Will check out music thread tomorrow for hidden 

treasure.  Hard catching up..    take care you pair.   thinking of you.

printed out your bread recipe. @SmilingGecko ..  That and a bowl of chowder..

could any man want more..    Our happy thoughts passed  on the trial.  Take care friend...         tonys..

@tonys G’day Huck, how’s my best mate doing? 

How’s the lungs 🫁? Are your abdominal muscles sore from coughing?

P’dol Fort is the only thing that stops the coughing. 

Page 2 of this thread, I explain the background story of The Mermaid 🧜‍♀️ print I purchased it 30 years ago at the Pickled Fairy shop in Fremantle.

There’s power in words, and someone I was in a relationship with at the time, used the painting as a negative metaphor. I think that negatively attached its self to the picture.

Even if you aren’t superstitious the coincidence is that I recently got in contact with the same person and from the moment I put the print up for sale, they ghosted 👻 

How’s that for breaking bad cycles?

I don’t do things by halves. If I do a job I do well.

All part of personal evolution, respect for yourself and quality relationships.

big HUGS

G

Oh yes I did read this and it reminded me of another peach you wrote.   Something about evolving 

or becoming extinct.  @Glisten ..   

Well ,    it sounds like you are severing anchor chains and  de-ghosting.  Don't need a counselling to learn that one do you mate.       

I guess you know how impressed at your ' white pointer'  approach to small fry problems.  Pragmatism 

draws from maturity and wisdom.  You built your castle in desert and now its an oasis.  

Your something else my friend.    

Optimizing our environment.   I will watch this thread with interest.                Take care dear friend.  Huck.

@tonys 23 years ago I was undergraduate doing research for an essay I was writing about Rastafarian to Ska music. Met a guy from Barbados.

He called me a Mako 🦈 in the nicest of ways. Because I was relentless in my pursuit.

If you’re going to wrap a gift, put a bow on, because you’re already there.

Isn’t everyone else the same as me?

and if not, am I being unnecessarily thorough?

@tonys tell me what you think?

G

This is me smiling as I type. . .   No  @Glisten .   Trust me ..  Very few are like you.  See. hers's the 

thing mate.  Its easy for me to pick myself up and play at  "tough guy facing adversity"   because

I'm cradled in a nest of supportive people that either work for me or live with me.  OK I worked hard

but tons of people do and still end up on the wrong square of the monopoly board.  I had luck too. and well, I was fortunate to win the bare knuckles on very tuff streets.

You've had to build, pray, and hope and find a strength from  pretty much "nothing"  . At your age, it is an extraordinary achievement to achieve this . . . . and maintain it.  well thats above and beyond.

If you told me you served hard time, or did 10 years in the armed forces. .  ok it would help explain you,  but I don't think this is the case is it.  Your just plain old   " white pointer"  Tenacious.  

You got worked over by the types of men I despise.  Spoilt brats looking for another mother.

I think you had a huge part of your life stolen.   I remember when I first spoke with you.  Was it you that

broke down to a stranger in a super market. You tried so  hard and just had bad luck.   I know in the small hours it hurts, but in the large hours you spruce your shop front up and your open for business.

Folks like me walk in and we just come out smiling.  You and Smiling gecko, meggle and a few others 

set the bar for us men,  but thats tween you and me.   There are things you say and do that 

make you a "stand out"   person to me.   My hero.    Now don't you even think about replying. 

Just fix a drink and let it sit comfortably with you.                      Your friend..        Huck..

These are some great ideas everyone! 

@Peach29, the things you've listed all sound incredible practical! I particularly like the idea of a prompt/ reminder for self soothing and self care.

@PinkFlamingo, that's a really pretty picture. I think it's cool to have a piece of your family history, even if it's origins and backstory are unknown. 

@Glisten, thank you so much for sharing that story! I imagine it must have been a really empowering thing to be able to sell that painting when it doesn't feel like it serves you or your environment.  

@tonys @Shaz51, I'd love to hear your ideas, if you'd like to pick a thing from the list to share with us, you're welcome to 😊  

IMG_5054.jpeg

Thanks heaps @TideisTurning 🙂🌺

Theres a mystery to it, isn’t there..🙂

If I had the chance, I would track through history to find these people I am from 🙂

It is lovely to have these paintings… here’s another…🌺🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846