Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Daddymac
Senior Contributor

Dreaded anxiety

The other day I was sitting in the lounge room with my child and support worker. out of the blue from no where this wall of anxiety went to my face my support worker said it looked like I just been in the sun, my face went bright red it took a couple of minutes to settle some deep breathing and reasurance from my support worker got me settled but it freaked me out

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Dreaded anxiety

Hey @Daddymac Anxiety is the worse isn't it?! Thanks for sharing your experience, it helps others to feel less alone. 

What usually helps to ease your anxiety or keep it manageable? 

Thanks for checking in 😊

Hi @Daddymac,

I'm new on here, but I totally understand what you are going through 😌.

I have complex PTSD, but have only been experiencing extreme anxiety for a few months. It is beyond crippling.

I too get a flushed face and even my heart races. I feel so lonely it is crazy.

I've joined this forum as a last resort as I am socially isolated and really miss company.

I really hope you are feeling better since your attack and just want you to know these sensations are quite common I think.

Big hugs 🫂 

@cmumc well not a lone it's my first time on this forum I ve done 1:1 counselling to no affect every one has a story to tell re counselling. My issues are also complex w being diagnosed with early on set dementia at 43.
What I do now is important even if it's talking w ppl like yourself is pretty amazing concept having this forum. Trick I have learnt just recently is write 3 positives at the end of the day do it for a week ee how you go I hope you had a rested weekend 🫂

Thanks for that idea @Daddymac ! It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking negatively, but hopefully writing down three positives can change things.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846