Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

Creative connections

A place to post and talk about your creative expressions

Learning to express ourselves and how we feel is a lifelong journey. Art helps with that. 

Whether you make crafts, paint, draw, do stick figures. This space is for you. 

Whatever level of experience and skill,  feel free to share it with the community. 

You can share ideas, inspiration, bodies of work etc. Or just chat about something you found interesting.  Come let's have some creative connection. 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Creative connections

20230920_120325.jpg

20230918_121807.jpg

I did some Halloween crafts today.....usually i dont make crafts but it was really fun. 

Great discussion @The-red-centaur !

I am trying to get back into carving out time in my week to refocus on my creative pursuits. 

I have a tendency to go hard for a period of time and then completely drop it, which I would really like to put the effort in to change.

I am keen to get back into photography in an accessible way and I am looking into the instant Lomography cameras. I have a Diana Lomo but until I can get back into things in my brain, I am keen of the immediacy and ease of film access of the instas 📸

Here are some of my paintings...now around a year old, even though I consider them 'recent' 🤣

IMG_20221007_193353_668.jpgIMG_20221007_193617_337.jpgIMG_20221007_193730_946.jpg 

VVD

@Velvet_VanDetta 

Looks great!!! 

20230923_110353.jpg

20230923_124016.jpg

  I did these two today.  

Wow, they're some magnificent artistic contributions to this lovely thread @The-red-centaur and @Velvet_VanDetta! Thank you for sharing, your work put a smile on my face. 

My form of creative expression is a little less practical to share examples of in this space. I'm a dancer, so I find fulfilment and enjoyment in creating choreography 🙂 

@puzzlingdino that's so cool that you choreograph dances. I wish I could dance but I have no rhythm lol amd my body is kinda broken and I can barely walk. 

I did this one yesterday...so proud of it. Never really done an animal before. 

20230925_111712.jpg

@puzzlingdino How wonderful that you dance! What type of dance do you enjoy?

VVD

@The-red-centaur What a beautiful painting! Well done on trying something new and painting an animal, and feeling proud of yourself! So you should be!

I get where you are coming from with the dancing with a 'broken body'. I also have trouble with mobility and use a walking aid. BUT I am learning to do Burlesque! In a chair! It is super fun and empowering!

Love these!

IMG_20231118_075942_464.jpg

20231116_110631.jpg

20231027_144551.jpg

 I havent posted in a while, here's some of my latest creations 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846