Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

The illusion of thinking that you are sane !

It is pretty obvious to most people that we live in an insane world, with every crime you can possibly imagine happening, and if you read the news you'll hear about new crimes you couldn't possibly imagined before. And we all sit back and judge yes those crazy people out there, but we never include ourselves in that madness. You need to think of the mad crazy world as a very large pie and everyone has their finger in this pie. And I mean everyone !

Over many years I have been involved with many different emotional therapies, meditation techniques, yoga, intense aerobic exercises, discourses with enlightened people, so called sex cults, drugs, and so on. I have challenged myself in many ways.

All of the above was needed because I have suffered greatly from despair, depression, guilt, anger, fear, confusion, loneliness, sorrow, conflict, intimidation, jealousy, grief, rejection, being put down, obsessive and neurotic behaviour, suicidal feelings, sexual attraction, emotional love and emotional attachments, just to name a few !

I can honestly say I have transformed all of life's problems to a place of peace, love and fulfilment. So if this is true you should consider the little challenge I have put down the bottom of this article.

So if you look closely at your life you'll see that you are also suffering from the long list that I have mentioned above. And so is every other person on this planet. And that's where the craziness, madness and insanity in this world comes from.  And because you are suffering from all these elements your mind is constantly thinking about nonsense, it is worried or dreaming about the future or the past, it is non-stop, there is no freedom or peace from this madness in your mind. This superficial intellectual non-stop thinking is the by product of you avoiding all of your problems. And the only hope that is offered comes from other crazy people's intellectual thinking process, they make up theories and techniques so that they can feel good about trying to help, so that they are deluded into thinking they're doing a good deed. But if a person cannot solve their own problems and madness within themselves how is it possible that they can help anyone else.

A psychiatrist cannot solve one problem in his own life that I have mentioned above, yes he makes a very good living, listening to peoples dramas over and over again until he can't bear it any longer and then he'll prescribe a drug to sedate the problem, the problem gets sedated but it never gets cured.

In so-called holy books, the answers to life's problems are there, but so called religious people reading them over and over again cannot understand what is written through a disturb superficial intellectual thinking process. So they basically go crazier than they already are, thinking that some God is going to save them in the afterlife. They will commit many crimes against humanity through this madness.

You're not find any help from do-gooders. As these do-gooders are incapable of solving one little problem in their life also. They maybe deluded and think that their life has improved just by helping others, but take away the others and then they will realise they were deluded.

It is a very rare phenomena indeed to come across something or someone that can actually help with transforming life's problems.

But it is very simple, we all live in our own comfort zone that we're too afraid to step out of, to afraid to take risks in life to break out of the boring existence that we're trying to cope with.

If you have seen Seinfeld where George starts doing the opposite to everything he has ever done in the past. Try this simple thing with sincerity and intensity for a week. You will be totally transformed.

Let go of all the madness in your intellectual process, thinking that you know this and that, because you know nothing worthwhile until you know how to solve your own problems. 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: The illusion of thinking that you are sane !

Hey @Former-Member Im not sure if im following all of what you are sayding but it is certainly worth testing out new things and flippin your way of thinking!!!!!  I guess everyone has their own way and whilst its good for some to solve their own problems  and that is valuable ... it can be good for others to seek out support and help from others.... its all an individual thing is what I am trying to say. I wonder what others think about this and stepping out of their comfort zones?

If you are seeking support and help from other people, who have not resolved their own problems.. Then how can they help anyone else, they can only give superficial emotional comfort which is only a distraction from facing what you need to face in this life to resolve your problems.
And yes everyone is individual and they will have to find what works for them. But everyone must leave their comfort zone in their own way to resolve the problems. within themselves.

Hi @Former-Member

I would say that I have strengths and weaknesses (like everyone else) and i can respond to others on the forum here with either empathetic understanding of situations that may be similar to my own.. or i can give some advice on what has worked well for me to develop the strengths i do have in different areas. We can support each other and feel/be less alone here. There's no person in the world without their own problems... 

I hope that you can find the forums helpful, i'm wondering what it is you're looking for here on the forums? 

LJ

It is my opinion that advice from anyone is useless, so I will give you some advice which is also useless, because no understanding can come through any advice, instead of supporting each other to escape feeling alone, perhaps that aloneness needs to be faced and transformed. If you achieve such a thing then you may be able to help someone else with their loneliness. I'm not looking for anything on this forum, perhaps something I say will resonate.

Perhaps we can all agree to disagree in this instance. We welcome all opinions on this forum and it seems that in this case there are a few differences of opinion. 

In your life, have you ever found any opinion valuable, or are opinions superficial nonsense coming from a disturbed mind that has no understanding of how to resolve the problems in life it has created.

I am happy to offer my opinion, my experience.  You can use as little or as much as you like, it doesn't matter to me.

I am glad for opinions as these can form hypothesis which can be proved or not and the information then used for improvement in many fields.  Do I have to be totally sane to do this?  In my opinion not.

There is possibly every theory, hypothesis, opinion and idea that's possible to come up with out there. And just take a good look at the sanity level of the world.
Understanding of yourself and life is something much deeper, and this will bring sanity. And this understanding cannot come through and intellect that cannot stop going around in circles with ideas, theories and the obsession of collecting superficial knowledge..

I think my first sentence is useful for this post.

Happy fishing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846