Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Morning ladies @CheerBear @Former-Member . Second one here.

Morning @Maggie 😊 How's your morning been so far? It's staying darker for longer now. Quite incredible how quickly that seems to happen.

Same here @CheerBear . Hearing into autumn, one of my favourite seasons.

Slow start. Awake but not awake. That drugged feeling from no sleep. It will lift, but it’s annoying being half on.

How are you feeling this morning? Are your symptoms easing? I hope you stick with a pj day today. ❤️❤️❤️

Autumn is pretty great I think too @Maggie. Watching the trees change colour 🧡 Spring here is lovely also (though full of allergies!).

Seriously annoying being half on and drugged feeling from no sleep. I hear you.

Yep very much a pj today. Still blegh and feeling ugh (they're both totally legit sickness terms 😆). No wonder yesterday was a struggle for me feeling like this.

How's your day looking today?

I'll be here and not here for a bit while I do the lunch thing. I desperately need to go to the supermarket and will be scraping around the cupboards and fridge this morning trying to make decent lunches. My kids don't like lunch orders which annoys me on days like today as they're not too expensive and are healthy and easy :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Legit feeling sound yuck @CheerBear . You really must have pushed yourself out the door yesterday. It’s hard, after such an effort, to have the day be a not so good one. Just when you needed a step up.

Does that mean you are heading out to do shopping today? 

Problem lunch kids ...that sucks. I remember I would have given anything to have a ‘ tucker box’ lunch. That’s what they were called.   b.  a.  c.  k then. Times change. You must pack a good Sammy!!!!!

I hope to finish one canvas today. Another fundraiser before Easter, so I have a bit of motivation to get something done..... or I hope the motivation kicks in later.... nothing happening atm. 😆😆

I have to do some groceries today @Maggie 😏 If only the cupboards filled themselves! I'll drive the kids the 3.5 seconds it takes to walk to school so I can continue to the supermarket and be home by 9:30 I think. Saves me walking them and I can then have the rest of the day to do very little. Soup for dinner tonight @Former-Member 😊

I too loved tucker box lunches (vaguely remember that's what they were called at my first little school) and used to love when mum ordered me one. My kids are so fussy and generally just huge pains in the butt! Two don't eat much dinner so I make their lunches big and full of different things which is probably why they prefer packed lunch. Nothing's easy here :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Another fundraiser is awesome! Haha with having motivation/hoping to have motivation. Really glad for you that you have colour and paint if you want them. Looking forward to seeing if you share ❤

I had to look up cromecast @CheerBear . Being the tech dinosaur that I am. 🦕🦖🦕🦖, and still have no idea what it actually is, other than watching tv on iPad or phone. Raising eyes.

I hope the ants are gone. They can give you a nasty bite.

I have mozzies. Every morning I have a few welts, then head out like a mad woman with my fly swotting. They are the only thing I destroy with glee, as my red stuff splats on the walls. I don’t have any fly screens on windows yet.

Thats a good move, a drive to school, shopping, than back to bed. I hope you buy some M&Ms to munch on. 

Rain in here atm. I’ve put my pot plants out to get some rain. It always seems to perk them up.

What kind of soup are you having for tea. I cooked cauliflower soup a while back, it’s yummy but time consuming. Out of a packet hopefully for you tonight.

Sending lots of ❣️❣️❣️❣️ I really hope you can rest.

Chromecast plugs into the tv to put whatever is on your tablet or phone on to the tv @Maggie (the short version of what it does) 🙂 I feel like a tech dinosaur around my kids now. They know soooo much and I can't keep up anymore.

Oh mozzies suck. I'd prefer these little itty bitty ants than mozzies. No fly screen isn't ideal 😏

I'm in the carpark at the supermarket digging deep to go in. I'll make a chunky vegetable soup and get a bread stick from the bakery next door to the supermarket. It's one of my favourite shops - the yummiest freshest and cheapest place to buy bread around here 🤤 Cauliflower soup sounds soup-er delish 😉!

Guess what?! Frozen 2 was released today 😁 We know all of the words to all of the songs (I'm listening to Lost in the Woods at the moment 😆) and have been counting down for the digital release. The crew were so excited this morning. Fluffy pjs, soup and Frozen 2 together is the thing I'm looking forward to the most today ❄🎉😁

I hope today has some good in it for you 💙
Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh yes ... wouldnt that be fab ... fridges, freezers and cupboards which self fill. Like they do a stocktake on a daily basis and top up as things are used. Bliss ... no more grocery shopping. Sigh @Maggie @CheerBear

Autumn is my favourite season .. followed by spring .. then winter ... and finally Urgh Summer. The days are becoming noticeably shorter now. Funny how that quickly that seems to happen after the summer solstice. Even though each day is only seconds shorter each day, it seems to creep up on you more quickly than that.

We never had the option of bought lunches at school when I was a kid. It was always little bush schools for me, a whole school of kids of a max number of around 9-12 kids from Kinder to High School. No canteens. We used to get stale bread with either vegemite or peanut butter. Usually some nice fruit from our orchard when they were in season though.

Vege soup sounds good to me CheerBear. And Maggie ... I love cauliflower soup. Never made it though. I often make a yummy pumpkin soup and also potato and leek soup. Occasionally I will make a tomato soup with rice in it .. which is nice for a change. Pea and ham also in winter time .. a fav or hubbys. But no good for you two. There are so many lovely soups .. with or without meat. I do like winter time for that reason ... soups and casseroles are easy to cook and delicious to eat. Crockpot is my friend in that respect.

Mozzie ... oh goodness me ... they are so bad here right now. After all that rain and still lots of water laying around .. its a breeding ground for mozzies. They are there every morning to greet me as I walk out the back door. And those that manage to get in during the day ... they await me at night time to feast their hungry fangs on my blood. I too wake up with red welts from their bites. Dont you just hate that buzzing sound around your head? Arrrrhhhh ... swat.

My 2 granddaughters, 7yo, love Frozen. Got all sorts of paraphenalia associated with the movie.

Enjoy your PJ day @CheerBear . And I hope you can work with some colour today @Maggie. Enjoy.

Sherry 💕

Oh @CheerBear , I got it back to front. The Irish in my is so obvious sometimes. That’s makes more sense now. I wondered why people would look at a small screen,if a bigger was an option. 🙃🙃🙃🤪🤪🤪🦕🦕🦖🦖

I cant imagine what kids know about technology now. Boggles my mind for sure.

I don’t envy you digging deep to go into the supermarket @CheerBear. I do online, and delivered. I’ve tried a number of times, but the music seems to go up in volume when I enter, the lights are so much brighter than I can ever remember. Then there are the choices. Who would have thought, bread, cheese, milk and eggs could have so many varieties???? If my brain receives too much information, it malfunctions. So, home shopping works best. Oh, I forgot the main problem......people everywhere, I mean everywhere. 😆😆😆

Frozen 2 release. Sounds like a good pj kind of day coming your way. Enjoy.❤️❤️❤️

Soup and bread sounds great. 👍👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846