Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

potcrack
Casual Contributor

Hurt by Doctors and ( I am told I can not put in the name of the organization ) that all so hurt me extremly .

Been seeing Doctors again this year have physical and T.B.I health problems  and pain , chronic pain at times . Doctors every two weeks some times once a month , test and more tests  . Now the doctors refuse to see me any more they wont tell me why ?   It started after I ask about a aboriginal suicide prevention team wanting to know more  and ask  for there phone , as I thought they where all aboriginal people and would understand that I can't cope with being shut in a room 24 / 7 and thought they mite have a cattle station or some where I could get out in to the open spaces for a while to help me cope . From there on , no doctors that I was seeing and truseing would talk to me at all or see me . . All so (  I am told I can not put in the name of the  organization  ) that was helping me then sudenly stop , no more and they refused to talk to me . I all so trusted them and they hurt me extremly as well . Why ?  ,  The support people refused to come inside my unite as I have T.B.I  .  I need to sit out side and walk in the bush to help me cope may be on a farm helping with a few horses , with all my trying can't ever find this to help me copeWhy can't you talk about suicide ? instead all hell bracks lose and severe mental health problems are not accepted by medcail and mential health people .So extermly hurt and extermly stress and upset by all this . My life is 24 /7 in a room only medcail and out in to croweds shopping and back again . All ways think of the open spaces and wanting to be out away fron croweds and people may be with a few horses .

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hurt by Doctors and ( I am told I can not put in the name of the organization ) that all so hurt me extremly .

Its hard to find good health care team .. for all sorts of reasons .. Sorry you feel hurt and cut adrift by them.  

I have found going bush one of the best grounding things for me.  Sometimes it might be an isolated place.  I am a woman but I usually feel safest in the bush. I have been lucky regarding snakes and spiders.

Other times I might walk on a popular track, and I find a quiet nod, smile, or hello, to strangers going in the opposite direction .. comforting and it tends to lift my mood.

Traumatic Brain Injury is tough and you really do deserve good care. Sorry I cannot help more.

Take the best care of you.

Apple

Re: Hurt by Doctors and ( I am told I can not put in the name of the organization ) that all so hurt me extremly .

Take care mate. I hope you find some space and peace sometime soon. I can't understand why we are cooky cut we all need different things to feel better. Best wishes. Xx

Hello @potcrack,

So sorry to hear about your experience with doctors and not being able to be amongst more natural things such as the outback, is there anyway you are able to spend some time on your days going on a walk?

It also sounds like you are struggling with some suicide thoughts and wanting some support for this as you asked about the Aboriginal Suicide Prevention, you could call Lifeline to talk to someone:

Lifeline 13 11 14

They are able to talk to you 24/7 about any thoughts you are having as you aren't able to talk to anyone in the hospital.

You could also ask your GP to refer you to a Psychologist to address your mental health concerns as it sounds like the people at the hospital are not able to assist you with this, sometimes people at hospitals aren't able to help with mental health if they are helping you with your TBI problems and chronic pain.

It is really good that you are using the forums to talk about what has been happening for you and how you aren't coping too well right now.

Lunar

Oh man I know exactly what you mean. Despite there being help lines with wonderful people operating them, you just can't talk about the 's' word.

I blame duty of care. No one wants to be sued so they look you up instead. Which of course is a terrible way of dealing with the situation and ultimately detrimental.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846