Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

tyme
Community Lead

Support for Flowerlove22

Hey @Flowerlove22 ,

I hope you don't mind me making this thread for you. 

I just wanted you to know that the whole forums community is here to support you through this challenging time.

Please look after yourself. I recognise it's hard to look after three small children on your own.

2,373 REPLIES 2,373

Re: Support for Flowerlove22

Sending lots of love to you @Flowerlove22  I hope your day improves, but if not I’m here to listen.

I think I am doing a bad job at babysitting @Eve7    I am not coping with 3 kids  we made cakes today but the screaming and crying is setting my autism off   I don't know how many times I had to try not to hide I feel so stupid looking after kids  we are going to the park now after I feed the baby I just hope I am doing it right 

Making cakes is a lovely thing to do with them @Flowerlove22  and hopefully they can run off some energy at the park.

One moment at a time. Are they your children or are you babysitting for someone else?

My brother kids @Eve7  no kids for me yet haha maybe when I am older   I took them swimming having fish and chips at the beach  it's going to be a long couple of weeks trying to find things to do for them ..

Is there any way that you can get some help in to help you look after the kids? Like a relative, friend, daycare?

Frankly, I think looking after 3 kids is a bit much for anyone, much less someone with autism. 

Anyone in your life know what's going on with you?

I've had more than my fair share of intense moments, and find loud sounds stress me out too. 

Hey everyone how are you all? Can I talk to someone? I don't know how to work this 

Hey @Flowerlove22, I'm sitting with you today if you want to chat for a bit. What is going on for you today? RiverSeal

Hey @RiverSeal  I have never struggled so much looking after the kids is a lot I am starting to feel run down  2 of them are having a nap I am feeding the newborn I had a little breakdown this morning  running around after the other 2 is full on I just feel so tried from it 

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot @Flowerlove22 and I'm sure it can be stressful looking after kids and a newborn. You are definitely demonstrating your resilience and strength by reaching out to talk about it here on the Forums. Have you ever had these responsibilities before or is this your first time? Was there something that triggered your breakdown this morning that you can avoid in the future? RiverSeal

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846