Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

just stopping in to say hello @Sophia1 i hope your going ok. its nice to see you when you come online

@Sophia1 Thank you for your well wishes for us.  You have been posting for a long time.  Me too.  I am actually stepping back a little from the forum and filling my life with things in real life.  Not going away but logging on less often.  I always will be grateful for contact, warmth and support I have received here.

Hoping you are doing well.

@outlander Hey cheers to you too.  I am flat out and have 7 shows I am in over next 2 weekends and one concert I promised a friend I would go and see her perform So busy busy.

Today I mostly did garden exercise music and a chicken stir fry.

Thank you @Appleblossom 

Finding a balance in all areas of our life is the key isn't it. Even if we sometimes forget this

Take care

Sophia

@Sophia1 

Somewhere you asked me about when is best time to start up raised garden beds. I am no expert but I would set them up towards the end of winter and be ready for early spring planting. Summer is going to be impossible for me to grow anything without shade cloth over it. So far the corn is coping with the extreme heat but other things are suffering. Particularly the beets and turnips. Going to pull all the lettuce out and see if I can salvage the middles. Not sure what to do with that bed over summer. Maybe I will plonk some zucchini in there. If I were you I would ask for some advice from our mate @tonys , after all he is a serious farmer and I am just a novice having a go and whacking stuff in. It is therapeutic to garden though. I enjoy my mornings standing outside hand watering.

Good luck.

Meggle

Hello folks

I should tag people.

I do not have brain energy.

I think of you and wish that I could say hello.

I have been advised to look after me only for a while.

Very hard.

@Jacques 

I really wish that I could have been here for you with you as you also have so much on your plate.

I hope that things are improving for your mum as well as your own health.

I also hope that your partner is feeling much better also.

I will get back here one day.

Sophia!

@tonys @TAB @Oaktree 

I appreciate all of your tags from time to time.

One day I will be back and tag all of you

Sophia1

Official Audio for "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed Listen to Lou Reed: https://loureed.lnk.to/listenYD Watch more videos by Lou Reed: https://loureed.lnk.to/listenYD/youtube Check out his merchandise! https://loureed.lnk.to/followMr Subscribe to the official Lou Reed VEVO channel: ...

@Sophia1 

So good to hear from you if only briefly. I do hope that you are taking care of you.

Meggle

Hello @Appleblossom 

I am so pleased to read that you took on my words of finding a balance.

I have read your mention of this in several posts elsewhere.

I do not take any credit for this.

It has been a helpful way of thinking in my life.

I have been absent for some time and have no idea where you are at.

I do sincerely wish you all the best in your own journey as I continue to traverse my own.

This sounds so formal and is certainly not meant to.

Sophia1

My friend @Jacques 

I actually do wish that I could have been here for you and I just could not.

I do know the person who you are will understand this. This is an acknowledgement of who you are @Jacques 

I just could not be here on the forums and I know that you will understand this.

A time in my life where I needed space from everything.

Life has continued to throw up at me as I find is my go to expression these days

How are you managing as I know that you have so much that is weighing your down.

I do hope that you do not mind me sending this message to you.

Sophia1

..did you write that sitting on your horse @Sophia1  jk soz lol .. re 'formal ' ..

TAB_0-1710597896626.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846