Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Budgeting Page

@Blackbird11 thank-you. I am an old business accounting graduate with a lifetime of budgeting skills. However this is a community page so feel free to post if you wish. I just recognised that things were getting tighter with inflation and some people needing some useful suggestions. I hope people benefit from it, that is my intention 🙂

Queen Budgeting 👋🏼 

I know I say this too much.  But you astound me  @SmilingGecko ..  Is there anything your not into.

You should be running a little shop with crystals n dreamcatchers.  Health food,  Alchemy concoctions.

Card n palm reading and well thumbed dog eared books jammed in with all the forbidden

sciences.   Someone  doing reiki from behind a dark purple curtain,  and a big iron pot bubbling

away,  blue steam pealing paint of the walls..   How many hundred things did I leave out.

OH,    maybe @Glisten ,s    wood  carvings. . .  witchcraft totem  poles,  n   masks.     

Hope your smiling too.                         Have a brilliant day.                              tonys..    😋

I hope you're allright @tonys I see messages from you in the hospital encouraging everyone while you are really ill. I appreciate your lovely sentiments as I know they come from the heart. I'd love to see you better. Any recent health updates? How are you doing my friend? I have thought of you today wondering how you are getting by in the day to day whilst in that hospital bed recovering. You seem to be bearing up but with so much dignity no matter how difficult things are for you. 

Wanted to spin a few more tracks with you. This one come from Sheila Chandra from the 80's - she is an exotic Piscean beauty with ethereal musical talent. The tracks from "A Bone Crone Drone" are kind of primordial feminine mystical. You have to be in the right frame of mind to listen to them. They have 5 tracks to the album - A Bone Crone Drone 1-5. I hope it brings you some cheer, you could do with some more uplifting music. Please take care and remember to look after YOU ❤️ Sending some lovely healing vibes your way tonys. Take care.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WSBnD_bAy8&list=PLA5zQ1xNekgr2f1tjh3lcGX-tQnGu2Scf&index=1

Provided to YouTube by RealWorldRecords ABoneCroneDrone 1 · Sheila Chandra ABoneCroneDrone ℗ 1996 Real World Records Ltd Released on: 2018-09-12 Auto-generated by YouTube.

@SmilingGecko you've often posted about solfeggio frequencies.

I can't find anything about how solfeggio frequencies work, other than that they were invented by Joseph Puleo (a naturopath)  based on the digits of their frequencies in Hertz adding to 3, 6 or 9, and some sort of reading of the Old Testament.  I also can't find how or why their associations with musicology and Ayurvedic traditions were originally made, or any mention in PubMed re evidence on their  biochemical or psychological properties. I did find some extraordinary claims and counter-claims about their "ancient origins", alignment with properties of the Earth's magnetic field, and conspiracies about the assignment of concert pitches for instrument tuning. 

I guess it would be nice to commit to self-improvement by listening to pleasant sounds and I have no argument with that. I just hope that noone struggling with both mh issues and their finances is inveigled into wasting their hopes and their money on any of the commercial sites promising relief through this technique. 

Hello  @SmilingGecko   Thankyou for your beaut letter.  Well I won't kid you.  Its been no picnic but I'm so much better. Had A wonderful team doing some cutting edge work and I'm putting in the hard work 

in physio now to try and repay a tiny part of my dept to them.   Will be in Rehab near home any day now, then some home nursing.  Meanwhile A crew is sorting out the farm and organising a 

monster junk sale.  and moving what's left to my new place.   My precious animals are finding new homes with neighbours up and down the valley.     

So thats IT.  The change I so dreaded is upon me and the transition made bearable by my absence.

Change has to be welcomed,  not feared,  and  I've told myself,  I'll overcome,  and flourish.

And you can bank on it.   I  will.

But you know all about this  @SmilingGecko .  Change,  overcoming,  meeting each challenge life throws you. when at times,  all life seems to be is total war.   You know surrender is not an option. 

I read your posts.   They are from the heart of a person who will always retake lost ground. 

And then some..   Raw  courage.     You have it.

Your music is ,. . . lights out,  empty room ,  empty mind  west coast waves,     They need free space to echo.

Thankyou for the peaceful  healing  and well wishes .

Sending a  peace / exhilaration  cocktail with a twist of good fortune,     Glasses chilled.

tonys

Where are you moving to bro @tonys ?

@tonys  @SmilingGecko  Witchcraft totem poles and masks  😂. Sure why not 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hello @tonys yes sounds like you have undertaken a huge move and change of life recently. Just going into hospital alone is a biggie enough.  Youre obviously made of steel. Youre right I've had to build from the ground up all my life. Theres always forces of creation and destruction, however I do think the latter is a bane for most people with mental illness because it can be so triggering. I sort of wondered why it attracted so much libertarianism in leftist political circles because people just crave some kind of utopia or paradise to live in having experienced so much pain and destruction. 

I had a facebook friend move into a government flat a few years ago after couch surfing. I asked about the place and he told me it had been freshly painted and fitted out after the last tenant because of a fire in the place. I did the numerology on the flat and it was a #1 house numerologically and typically these houses can attract FIRES. I didn't think much of it thinking the tenant may have been negligent and left a cigarette on an ashtray beside his bed at night not putting it out or something.

But last year was another fire in the same place with my friend this time. My friends laptop exploded it may have been the battery in it but the damage from the fire was extensive. He wound up in a psych ward for 6 months as he was quite rattled after the event.  They don't normally keep people in there for that long these days with "sheep dipping" (pushing people in and out quickly) but thats what happened. They were going to put him into aged residential care after that. He's doing ok now after having a public advocate fight for his case. You really need to keep an extinguisher and smoke alarms in #1 houses. I don't live in a #1 house but going by what I've seen in emergency services with delayed responders these days may invest in an extinguisher

Anyway you can do numerology on your new place and know what to expect. You just take the digits of your new address and add them up.  ie if you live at #43, all you do is add 4+3 =7 and & 7 is your numerological number for your new place. It can show you the blessings as well as the negative things so you know what to expect. I did see a great site with extensive explanation of all the numbers from a real estate agent somewhere who believed in house numerology. I may try and dig this real estate site up for you if I can find the link again. Poor person, probably sold too many houses.

I'm so glad you are looking forward to getting discharged and have neighbours and friends in the valley to watch over you. Maybe the hospital stay kind of removed you from this vexing problem obviously but it must have still been on your mind. It must have been very difficult to bear. I hope your animals find good homes and caretakers too. Not long now and you will be out of there.  Anyway you have a new place to look forward to but I do understand moving requires a lot of adjustment but it seems to me as if you have a lot of people behind the scenes doing things for you.

I hope you have a nice weekend,

Take care,

S.G 🦎

Very good thread @SmilingGecko 👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846