Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

LoveandHope
Casual Contributor

New on here - CPTSD, BPD, Anxiety, Depression. I really need some support

hi
Just joined tonight. Not too sure I've even posted in correct spot. I'd really like to talk. I'm in a really dark place at the moment and feeling pretty alone. Thought it might be helpful to reach out to those going through similar struggles as I've had a really hard time and treatment with having any professional understand. Just had another pull out and I'm devastated and not coping. 

21 REPLIES 21

Re: New on here - CPTSD, BPD, Anxiety, Depression. I really need some support

I also have CPTSD, BPD, Anxiety and bouts of Depression....

Literally just signed up. I feel like I'm going insane. It's so hard to get help where I live and my relationship is now in jeopardy. I feel so lost.

@Ashleigh425 @LoveandHope 

I also have Bipolar and BPD. I would love to support you guys. Welcome to the forums first up. 

If you are in immenent danger please call lifeline on 13 11 14

Meggle

@LoveandHope @Ashleigh425 

What would you guys like to talk about?

Meggle

I'm just struggling to see a way through this. I don't even know where to go to start treatment (recently diagnosed) I can feel my mental health declining rapidly. I have 6 children to look after so I can't just drop everything and get better
But I definitely need some help. I don't even know where to begin.

@Ashleigh425 

I am so sorry that is a lot to have on your plate as well as newly diagnosed mental health issues. With 6 kids I can see that making it all about you and your recovery is just not possible logically but you do need to ensure that you are well enough to look after your kids. You say that your relationship is also struggling?

Meggle

@Ashleigh425 

Have you tried talking to your family GP as a starting point? He/she can prepare a mental health plan and point you in the direction of other supports

Meggle

@Ashleigh425 

There may be a local Community Adult Mental Health Clinic that you can be referred to for instance.

Meggle

@Oaktree 

Yes, my partner and I used to have what we called a perfect relationship but now we're fighting a lot and it's like I've forgotten how to communicate with him properly,  I'm a completely different person to what I was this time last year and it is deeply affecting both of us. I feel so guilty because it's my "traits" that are making him miserable and tbh both of us have been suicidal. Just want to clarify I'm not going to off myself but it is definitely a daily thought at this point.  I just keep getting worse,  my medication has been increased,  twice but now I'm dealing with extreme fatigue and we'll basically sedation. I can't think properly,  I have a constant headache and I just feel like a crappy person. I hate how much this affects the people I love.

@Oaktree

Yes I have a current mental health care plan, ongoing counselling etc
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846