Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

@Shaz51 It is tough to manage caring duties while having to find ways to support yourself as both of these tasks require a lot of time and energy  😔 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

I am self employed and work part time at present (2 part days a week). We have 2x dogs and I have a number of people I try and encourage through regular messaging.

@Peonies 

my husband has Bipolar 11 and other diagnosis

we are self employed with a very small business

and myself with phsyical problems , kidney disease, arthritris and diabetes 

also step mum to 4 adult chidren 

Caring can be and is a full-time job in and of itself for many. As @Shaz51 and @Former-Member have mentioned, we all need to find ways to support ourselves. 
Balancing your caring responsibilities with commitments in other life spheres can affect your working/studying hours, what you can achieve, how much time off you need, your concentration, and, most importantly, your emotional and physical wellbeing.

What are some of the challenges you have faced in balancing these responsibilities? And how has this affected you?

wow @Shaz51  and @Former-Member   So amazing to hear you both are self-employed🌸 Do you think working for yourself helps with the flexibility you need for caregiving? 

@Shaz51 caring for your health and your 4 children must be a full-time job in and off it self! 

Concentration can be an issue for me. 

Do you think working for yourself helps with the flexibility you need for caregiving? ---- it does helps @Peonies 

but sometimes weather and things that happens makes it hard 

chellengs is trying to help everywhere , being there for everyone including me 

Being self employed means no work = no pay @Peonies  and whilst I do get the carer payment I realise that this is likely not a long term option and I would find it too hard to earn enough to support myself doing what I do full time.

@Peonies, @Former-Member 

finding a right balance is hard 

Being self employed means no work = no pay , same here @Former-Member , @Peonies 

now with carers payment for mum , uncertain how long 

and mr shaz can not retire until he is 67 and he is finding it harder and he wants to cut back on work 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846