Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Something happened today

I have had a bad day today. Shortly after I got up today I had a huge panic attack that went for about an hour and was really really bad and then I was shaking and exhausted for about 2 hours after that. And I have been feeling crappy and on edge all day now and I tried to do some art and thought that maybe I would be able to stay calm the rest of the night except now my family is watching a tv show that is SUPER EXTREMELY triggering for my eating disorder issues. And they keep trying to talk to me about it plus my mum is constantly trying to talk to me about how she wants to lose weight and ugh I am just sick of it they have always made my eating issues so much worse and that is half the reason I snapped today. I don’t even know what to do  they never listen when I say something really upsets me and that I need them to be considerate they just keep doing it and say it is my fault for not being normal. They say they shouldn’t have to change what they do because I have an issue. 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Something happened today

I’m really sorry to hear you’ve had such a shitty day. You must be feeling so exhausted by it all. 

Family and triggers can be tough. It is really awful when it feels like people aren't hearing or getting you. And not providing the support you need. 

I hope tomorrow is a little kinder to you & you never doubt that you have the strength to get through this. 

@Billy_  Thank you. 

I am having another hard day and I am trying very hard to keep it together but certain things are getting a little out of control and I am struggling to stay within the boundaries. Oh well there isn’t much I can do at this point. 

@Eden1919 

I'm sorry to hear you are having another hard day. They are always difficult but when you have a few in a row they can feel all consuming and really weigh you down. 

I'm to hear you are trying and that's all you can do. You should feel proud of yourself for that. 

Is there anything in particular you would like to talk about? Or something you could do that is a special act of self care that may help you get through the day just a little bit easier? 

Hey @Eden1919 how are you travelling today? Heart We're all here to listen.

@Billy_ So good to see such an epic and congruent amount of support in the forums such as yours, hope you're travelling well too.

@Billy_  Thanks again @nashy  thank you as well.

i had another panic attack last night and now I don’t know how to feel. Some scary things happened and now I feel really disconnected and worried. I am getting scared that people will try and hurt me again and it is complicated and hard to describe. 

That sounds really horrible @Eden1919. I'm am sorry you are having to go through this. 

Feeling unsafe is not a nice state to be in especially if you are dealing with your own inner turmoil as well. 

Is there somewhere you can go to feel safer? Having safe spaces to go to is really important. If you can't think of one, maybe we can think of one together. 

@nashy Thank you. I'm having a bit of a difficult week. But I will get there. 

@Billy_  There is not a place I can go to escape this. It is everyone that is scaring me I am just feeling tired and I thought this had gotten less intense but now it is back and this isn’t a great time for things to be happening again and I don’t even know I can’t even sleep it off. 

@Eden1919 

That sounds really difficult. I am sorry you are having to deal with so much at once. 

All I can suggest is try to think of anything or anywhere that would make you feel even a tiny bit better. I know nothing will take it all away now.. but even the tiny releases and comforts can help. 

And reach out when you need to. Know you are not alone in this. You will get through it. Even if that feels impossible right now. I believe in your strength and resilience. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846