Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Luna37
Casual Contributor

Need someone to talk to

Struggling with Bpd

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Need someone to talk to

Hi
What’s been happening? What are you feeling/thinking about?
I hope you’re okay?

I'm struggling as I've moved to a new city, recently diagnosed with Bpd, trying to navigate a very turbulent relationship. It's all a bit too much tbh.

hi @Luna37 @Karo88 and welcome

please feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you like. a little forum tip is to put an @ before a members name this way they will be notified that your talking to them.

@Luna37 I have bpd as well and it can be really tricky to manage. can I ask if you have any supports in place like a good gp, psychologist and/or psychiatrist?

im sorry your relationship is turbulent as well. im not overly good with relationships myself so I don't have much advice

@eth @frog @CheerBear @BPDSurvivor may be able to offer some advice...

@Luna37 Welcome!

As my name suggests, I DO have BPD. The BPD does not 'go away', however, with hard work and commitment, you can live very successfully with it and be in control.

I hear your pain. Relationships can be indeed very problematic. Over the years, I've learnt never to answer people, send an email, send a text etc while heightened with anger. I give myself and the situation space so that I am not engulfed with the crisis. This allows me to see the situation from a different view which ultimately affects behaviour and then outcome.

It took 15 years for me to finally find people who understood enough to help me. I was desperate for help. I underwent 18 months of intensive treatment and came out seeing a remarkable difference. This makes me want to share with all BPD sufferers that there IS hope. I am with you on your journey. Ride out this wave and the waters will break - I promise.

Best Wishes, hugs,

BPDSurvivor.

Hi @Luna37 ,

How are you going? 

Thinking of you and hope to hear from you.

Cheers, BPDSurvivor.

Hello thankyou for replying,
I'm currently going through a rapid amount of change which is extremely exciting, but daunting. I was only diagnosed with Bpd recently so its an entirely new experience. Thanks so much for getting back to me and hope you're well.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846