Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Darkness

Hi @outlander Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about everything that has been going on with your GP and your stomach - it sounds awfully painful! Smiley Sad

I'm also sorry to hear about how difficult it has been for you around your self-harming and how this has become such a frequent, vicious cycle for you. How have you been travelling with this cycle today @outlander? Have you tried to engage in other strategies that are less harmful to you?

Sitting here with you! Heart

thanks for checking in  @Amour_Et_Psyché  Heart

im not that bad anymore, i actually havent self harmed in a few weeks now. i was just sharing with Izzy that i understood what she is going through right now and showing her  that it can get abit easier to manage

im okish @Lee82
its kinda just blended in now with how im currently feeling in general. im trying to find services through HCF but im really not having much luck. surely there is one podiatrist in my area that has it but its saying the closest one is 2 hours away 🤦‍♀️
Lee82
Senior Contributor

I'm sitting with you hun right now giving you a gentle hug. 
perhaps try and do it the other way and find the podiatrist you want to see and then ask them which health insurance they use and then research those health insurances. From memory you don't have health insurance is that correct?? @outlander 

Thanks @Lee82

I have insurance but its only for extras not hospital cover

@Lee82 @Former-Member how are you going?
Lee82
Senior Contributor

Oh that's right I remember that now sorry @outlander my brain isn't working properly these days. So is it the podiatrist that doesn't use hcf ir hcf that won't  cover that particular podiatrist? 

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Hey izzy. You ok hun? @Former-Member 

Your avoiding my question lol @Lee82 its ok if you dont want to talk aboit you but if rather know how you are so we can support you too

I literally cant find a podiatrist in my area under the find a provider thing on hcf website, barely any dentists, chrio, optical physio or anything. So far ive found out that my chiro accepts my health fund but not finding much else for what im covered for. Ive had it nearly 4 months now so want to use something on it
Lee82
Senior Contributor

I would call hcf and speak to them about your concern I reckon they will be able to help you with some of them. My psychologist wasn't covered with hcf either but I spoke to them and they have made it so I can claim with her now. You can only try and explain your situation with them and see what they say. 
@outlander 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846