Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@greenpea 

Road rage = 😵😵😵

I have not had need to drive much of late so am feeling a bit out of practice.

Former-Member
Not applicable

81286437_2836628989691918_3453931159489085440_n.jpg

@greenpeasaid: "Glad the madness of the festive season is now over though and we can all get back to normal.

People get so cranky re road rage etc at this time of the year".

You see & experience it too Greenpea - So I cannot possibly be imagining it.

Maybe it's a warped sort of Christmast present - "Happy Christmas, I've smashed your car",

"Happy Christmas I'm screaming at you & throwing branches over the fence" (my neighbour's Rage).

Why do they save their worst behaviour for this time of year?

Adge

@Adge  Hey Adge re Christmas rage I cannot explain it. Maybe it is the heat coupled by people drinking too much ... your neighbour sounds a nightmare. Is she the one with the rottweiler?

Other side  (longest there) @greenpea

I have them (bad neighbours) on both sides of me.

Adge

@Adge  that is awful for you re neighbours I have two in the complex as well.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Adge  @greenpea 

Have a vegetarian coming to visit - eats eggs & dairy 

Have a recipe for korma roasted pumpkin & cauliflower - basically wedges of pumpkin and florets of cauliflower tossed in some korma paste with a little lemon juice then roasted. It is served with a yoghurt/ seeded diced cucumber/ lemon juice mix, roughly chopped almonds & fresh coriander sprigs.

Question is I am wondering if this would be adequate as a main course or whether a second vegetable dish would be desirable? (We would have rice and a chook curry for the meat eaters). Cooking up some popadums rather than another dish may be an option.

Another meal I am thinking of would be nachos with a Mexican coleslaw. 

I can make a decent veg fried rice with veg "mince", veg and and cashew nuts, any suggestions as to something you would enjoy with that would be appreciated.

Your Korma, roasted pumpkin & cauliflower sounds perfectly adequate for main course @Former-Member

Very tasty, mouth-watering description....

Nachos (yum), as an alternative (I think you said).

The vegetarian fried rice (with veg mince & cashew nuts) would go very well with that Korma & pumpkin (I think) - good combination.

Whether you need the rice (as an extra) or not, depends on quantity of main course - your decision, & the amount of effort that it takes to do it all (of course).

I'm sure your rice & chook curry (for the meat eaters) will be a winner.

I'm a big fan of fried rice (vego style) - if you included that with the Korma & pumpkin, I would be very happy.

Korma on it's own fine too.

Adge

@Former-Member @Adge  Hey Darcy and Adge I basically agree with Adge. I do however think that something a bit extra along with the korma would be nice 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Adge  @greenpea 

I was thinking that a little something else might be on order the day we have the pumpkin & cauliflower. 

The nachos and fried rice are for a different day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846