Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Dear @StanD 

Okay your message was very nice to read and thankyou. 

Poor @saturnzoon dealing with her youngest son. I have a lot of ..........

Shame

remembering the times with my sons and how absolutely broke I was. 

Today, I wish I could send them money but I need to wait for them both to come back in my life. Also ..... What money ? 

It's also tough to be mindful that there are  people worse  off than me. Ide love to sit here and spurt out my difficulties but

In writing this - I am also mindful that right now, today @saturnzoon is struggling.

My heart is with you Saturnzoon. Budgeting on nothing and with children is very hard. 

Thanks for your suggestions. 

The person I listen on audible is Dr James Doty. I get him. He ....  Writes and lectures about being openhearted and compassionate. He actually is a neurologist but teaches compassion at Stanford University. 

Anyways it's a very short video from two favourite people I like both listening to and reading...

https://youtu.be/WiAXbZmA2dU?si=cUsJUMnJurOuJfZO

Thanks for sharing @PeppyPatti 🌺💜

a great video 

Thanks heaps @creative_writer 💜🌺🤗

you’re so kind and sweet and caring - I really appreciate your kindness when I’m not doing so well, and I want to say that I really appreciate it so much 💜🌺🙂

how are you doing today? 
I hope things are within a good place for you, and you’re feeling ok 💜💜

Hey @PeppyPatti 🌺🙂

thanks for sharing this - it’s really nice of you to take the time to pop these interesting bits of info for us to find 💜🙂🌺

I hope you’re doing ok, and your day is going well 🤗

Thanks so much @lavenderhaze 🌺💜🫂

really appreciate your kind and gentle words and empathy 🙂

and also that I do ok as a Peer Guide…that really means a lot 🥲 

Being a Peer Guide volunteer here is a boost to everything about what it means to me to recover, and the opportunity means so much to me 🙂🌺

Hey there @Snowie 🌺🙂

thank you so much for your understanding and kindness, and for sharing empathy… that must’ve been challenging for your dad; ventilation is so critical to safety 💜

And I just wanna say how grateful I am for your kind words regarding being a peer guide… you’ve really brought a big smile and that light feeling that comes with it 🙂🌺

I hope you’re doing ok today, and the day is going well 💜

@StanD , tag me if you start a book thread xx

Hello @PinkFlamingo , @PeppyPatti. , @TAB , @StuF , @creative_writer , @MDT 

Hello @PinkFlamingo I have been locked out of the forums for a while, possibly banned or gremlins in the system but still have been following along with what has been going on for you. I read your predicament regarding your ventilator and was really sorry that this has happened to you.  You have such a presence on these forums it just did not seem fair what was going on. You add so much value here. 

I wondered if you could access a philanthropic trust through a social worker? Last time I went to a library they had a book manual with lots of Australian philanthropic trusts you could borrow.  FYI I accessed a trust over 30 years ago to buy essential goods and thought maybe a social worker could facilitate this for you in this instance?

I know it all seems overwhelming and I realise you are fighting the good fight. You are so deserving, more than most. Just thought I would mention. But I really missed you being locked out of these forums. Wanted to say I appreciate you so much xxoo I know you must be finding it awfully hard but it seems like you need much needed support of some kind. I wish I could do more than just throw around suggestions but its all I can do.

Sending you my love

SmilingGecko 🦎

I love the idea of a book reading thread @StanD  and sounds like it will be pretty popular with a lot of us

@PeppyPatti thank you so much, the videos were good

Hope we all have a better night with a lot of us struggling today 

@Shaz51 @PinkFlamingo @TAB @StuF 

back to bed soon here @saturnzoon  i got an email from mo der ator 'welcoming' me to sane (only been here 8 years) and telling me I was in 'brea ch' of r ules  for posting pic of 4 people with faces blacked out. icing on the cake of my day , someone wanting to play 'cop' .. lolo

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846