Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Daily positives

So good @Shaz51 ! It's definitely one of my favourite winter comfort foods 😍

@Shaz51 

im  ok thanks Shaz, was feeling crap, so had to lie down.Am trying to cut down , cut out ,quit smoking.

How are you ? Good to have the afternoon off ?

Very nice to have the afternoon off @Jimbo2 

I am OK,  my mum is in hospital and we had planned a getaway this weekend 

Keep on keeping on my friend 

Maybe @TAB can give you some tips 

Hi Everyone

Have been lost in the kitchen. Made a lasagne from scratch…delicious…and making the pasta was really enjoyable.

Then started day seven of making my sourdough bread for the first time. It’s now proving at room temperature and will then go straight into the fridge overnight before hitting the oven tomorrow morning.  Fingers crossed!!

Hi @Delicatessen 

Oh yum, sourdough is so delicious! I've always wanted to try making it but always get too lazy. My friend at my old job used to make it and bring it in for me. She was the best. 

I love to make my own pumpkin soup in winter! 😍

Hi @hanami I managed to finish the sourdough. To my astonishment it turned out perfectly. I was wrapped. Then we couldn’t find a serrated knile good enough to cut the slices - the crust really was tough!!

Yum! Sourdough! Your foodie posts sure make me salivate! @Delicatessen !

I was only speaking to a work colleague this week about making their own bread. How they like to add as many seeds into their sourdough to make it as healthy as possible.

I'd love to make my own bread, but I don't seem to be able to justify my reason for doing so, seeing I take about 2 months to eat one loaf of bread! 

I don't even buy loaves anymore because I don't want it sitting around in my freezer. If I want bread, I just buy one roll at a time.

But certainly, your bread sounds delicious!

tyme

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm loving catching up on these daily positives! Well done on your bread adventures @Delicatessen - you've inspired me to make some bread on the weekend! I make a sweet potato and feta bread which is my favourite comfort food, I just found this recipe that looks like a bit of a twist on that theme..  so comforting on a cold day! 

My positive for today is having a perfectly ripe avocado with my breakfast- you've got to celebrate those small wins sometimes! 

Hi Everyone

I hope you’re all well.

Sorry to harp on it, but I’ve been having one slice of sourdough bread every day. It’s fantastic! Lots to improve on for next time though…

On other fronts, walking is terrific and am very happy with my level of fitness generally.

Nearing the end of preparations for a long-awaited upcoming trip - have letter on hand from my psychiatrist (in case I get sick) and have stocked up on all medication (costing a very tidy sum). As I’ll be hiking on many days, have discussed the final strategies to make sure I’m covered with access to medication at all times. I feel reasonably confident I should have covered off on the main risks/scenarios. Have bipolar and can definitely travel!!

Take care everyone…😊

Hi Everyone. Been a while since my last update.

Loads of daily positives to share:

- cooked shoulder of lamb last weekend (took 5 hours) which pulled apart and melted in your mouth

- cooked my second sourdough loaf which turned out even better than the first

- cooked a new recipe turkey, freemen, pomegranate and pistachio salad which was amazing

- did a walk (headed out when it was 5 degrees) and cut 9 minutes off my last effort

- purchased some sightseeing tickets and fares to keep me nicely occupied for my upcoming overseas trip

- bought 5 books (meant to buy only 3) that have won the booker prize and can’t wait to turn the pages for any of them

and so much more…

I hope you are all really well.

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846