Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Tasoula
New Contributor

You are not alone

Hello. I am here to find support from people who have had a mental illness or someone they love have had it. It is such a lonely painful journey. I found my faith had been the salvation when i had my breakdown many many years ago. It is even more painful watching someone you love go through that same journey. I pray for love and healing for my daughter who's been through a big disappointment and has sufferred a breakdown as a result. I have to always remind her she is not alone and many people go through such pain and recover. God willing.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: You are not alone

@Tasoula

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your contribution.  I'm sorry to hear about your experiences and the suffering that your daughter has been going through.  It must be so hearbtreaking to see your child go through that, especially in light of your own experiences.  What sort of supports have you got to help you manage the situation?  How is your daughter now?  I hope you'll find some comfort in browsing our forums, and learning about the experiences other people have had. 

Hi @Tasoula

I am on a difficult journey with my family at the moment, but I believe love, faith and hope will get us all through and to recovery.

So glad you made contact with the forum.  There are a lot of caring people here to support you emotionally as you support your daughter.

Be well 🌷

One day at a time. New medication helps. Thank you for the welcome.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846