Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

Treatment

I'm thinking about putting myself in inpatient treatment. 

But I'm terrified I wouldn't be accepted coz of my disability and the fact I'm still fat. 

There's no treatment centres in Tassie so I'd have to go interstate. plus I don't know if I'll be able to afford treatment or my rent while there. 

Too many Qs and not enough help. 

I'm ready to give up. I spent overnight in psych ward coz life is getting to me. I'm terrified of today. I can't do this anymore. 

24 REPLIES 24
nashy
Senior Contributor

Re: Treatment

Heya @The-red-centaur , sounds like you might need to work through some strategies with someone. Would you be open to chatting to the Help Centre here?

Sometimes it's really good to have a sounding board. If you need further support around heavier thought then it could be good to have a chat to SCBS, you deserve to stay safe Heart 

@nashy I'll call them this afternoon.

I saw my GP today. I sent a referral to a service in Melbourne, and going to back Monday to do another one.
Urgh. This is suddenly real. Can I actually do this.

In another note, during this recent elevated episode I bought scales...I'm at my lowest weight in 6 years, that makes me want to keep losing, to get to my ugw. Tbh I don't even see the 30kg difference on my body.

I'm so anxious about tomorrow. I'm too fat to go to treatment anyway so why am I even bothering.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@The-red-centaur  

Sending you lots of hugs, you've got this. Moving forward is always scary but you can do it. 💖

@Former-Member im so anxious about seeing my GP today. I don't know if I can do it.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry @The-red-centaur , I have only just seen your reply. Love I completely understand, I do. What can I do to help you? You got this, I have faith that you will be able to get there. Can someone else take you? Please let me know how you go

💖

@Former-Member the appointment went ok. I have to see her weekly now for bloods and ECGs.
She's threatened if my weight drops that she'll inpatient me here. And with the covid stuff I doubt I'll be able to travel to Melbourne for treatment anyway. So I'm screwed. I really don't want to go back to the hospital here. It's shit and there's no mental health support. I spent 5 months there from Sep to Feb.
I want to move out of stupid Tasmania. But the main psychiatrist here and everyone else wont let me.

@Former-Member we aren't supposed to mention weight on the forums. I'm technically still in healthy BMI though.
I have friends in Melbourne and Sydney. And I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make new professional supports.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846