Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Nutella1
Casual Contributor

Hi im new here

I am a mum of 2 with 3rd on the way and i suffer from constant panic attacks i have suspected ptsd with a very long history of problems im currently trying to seek help to regain some normality as i struggle to shower or sleep out of fear ofcourse given all thats going on in the world right now its hard to do much of anything. Is there anyone else out there with a history of abuse and trauma that is doing it tough right now? Appreciate and responses.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Hi im new here

hello @Nutella1 and welcome
well done for reaching out for supports. I suffer from ptsd from abuse and other traumas amongst other mh diagnoses so im sure I can relate to some of the things that you experience.

Would you be willing to speak to your gp about getting a mental health care plan in place? As everyone is aware with the health crisis many places are now also offering phone and skype sessions instead of going into the clinic if you are worried about going out or are in self isolation.

please feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you like as well. also a forum tip is to put an @ before a members name to tag them, that way they receive a notification that your talking to them.

if you would like I can tag you to a few of the threads where most members hang out and also some coping strategy threads?

Thank you for your reply 

I was meant to start counselling but i cant take my kids with me and since they have been sick and in and out of hospital i had to cancel them going into childcare. I think doing something over skype or phone would definitely be ideal i just need to work out how to organise it.

That would be great also thankyou.

you are welcome @Nutella1
its worth asking around to a few clinics including the one you were suppose to start at if they can accommodate your needs atm. they will help you also set it up etc as well.

and your welcome, ill tag you into a few threads to meet some more members.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Nutella1 

Welcome, I hope you find the support here that I have it's been amazing. I have DID and complex PTSD from childhood abuse. I am struggling with all that is going at the moment, I have just been told that one of my daughters will be self isolating with her boyfriend in the city and that is causing me a lot of stress. I need to know she is safe and I guess because of my own trauma I am very over overprotective of all of my children. 

I hope you can arrange some counselling soon. Always hear to listen if you need. 

Hi thankyou for your reply if i may ask what is DID? I can relate my kids are only very young but the worrying is never ending with all that is going on especially when my youngest has some current breathing issues already. Hopefully everyone pulls through on the other side of things ok.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846