Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Krishna
Senior Contributor

Daughter catatonic

My girl had her first treatment of ECT on Friday. Spoke 2 words on Saturday morning and managed a few teaspoons of food. Continuing to be tube fed and no further response since. She is now battling high fevers which they can't find the cause of and now Monday continues to have temp spikes. Due for her second ECT today but doubtful it will go ahead at this stage. Having to shop for clothes for her over the weekend was heart wrenching but we do what we need to do and heading south again tomorrow for another visit in the hope I can spark some recognition in her. Thank you for your prayers and the space to be able to vent. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Daughter catatonic

@Krishna  Thinking of you today Krishna. Wishing you and your family well. Love to you peaxxx

Take care and wish you all the best

Thanks @pea. Just back from visiting my girl and no response. She is so very ill and due for her third ECT tomorrow. Just wishing to hear her say “Hey Mamma Bear”. I know she’s in there somewhere.

Oh @Krishna 

I am so sorry, really don't have the words but I hope you know you not alone xox

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846