Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Always good to see you about @eth 

You've had a lot on. Very glad to hear about NDIS.

Good to hear from you @eth
🙂

@eth 

Heart

I agree with most of what you wrote about NDIS.

Accretive seemed more about sediment, but maybe it can be used in that way?? idk.  You have a higher level of scheduling than I would cope with.  No wonder you are overwhelmed.  I guess I like a slower life.  Yes each to their own.  

The CHOICE and CONTROL aspect is one I am very slow to get my head and feelings around, but it is a good bottom line for deciding things.  

Smiley Happy

@Mazarita 

Hugs

Heart

So much going on @eth but it all seems to be really good for you. Hugs and hugs Hon Heart

Hi @eth I like this theme, each to their own, that's going now with @Appleblossom as well. Our journeys with healing and life are of course all different. I find the simple witnessing of each other's lives beautiful, the significant changes over time, the new directions at different times. HeartHeart

It's so great you have spared yourself the review. Seems a wise choice for easier feelings, greater freedom from anxieties, increased wellbeing. I will do the same if offered that option next April. Good idea too with the writers residency. Maybe the DBT will be more meaningful for a more relaxed and dedicated focus. 

I looked up the meaning of accretive: characterized by gradual growth or increase.

I relate to that with my OCD traits. I could never have been a film-maker without being a detailed perfectionist, an overexcited self-educator, a planner and builder of creative projects. We both know the potential gifts and losses with these traits with growing momentum. Pacing projects out the way you are doing seems a good way to deal with it.

I too have been getting overwhelmed at times with NDIS admin. End of July I mean to start in more of a routine with things so there's not so many different activities to research and organise, not so many email, sms and phone communications, and not so many different support workers. This will be helpful I believe. Heart

Hearts to all here  @TAB @MDT @frog @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @Mazarita  and anyone I've missed.  Have a day at home today but need to spend it going thru' a starter pack for a grant application - I've never done one before so it's a bit of a challenge.  Plus waiting for some people to get on board to work on the project.  The grant is to hold an event or do a project that culminates in October, mental health month.  They are through WayAhead, the Tune In project if anyone's interested.

Have also got a phone call scheduled to discuss the possibility of going south to a major conference to present a paper for the MH support and advocacy group I'm part of.  Also in October.  

So much for pacing myself!!!  I'll only do these things if other members of the group collaborate with me, tho' that itself presents some challenges as we are all people living with MH disabilities that vary.

Have a gentle day all.  Hope it has some enjoyable moments in it.

❤️

wow that does sound like a challenge, good luck @eth Cat Happy

https://wayahead.org.au/wellbeing-check-up/

haha says I am struggling and to go to GP and or Sane lol @eth  Cat Happy

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to @Shaz51 and @Faith-and-Hope   Hoping your days had special moments in them and that the year to come is peaceful and fruitful whenever possible.  

LOL @TAB   WayAhead seems to be a great organisation to me.  I guess you already knew you were having challenges and that's why you did the wellbeing check.  And already knew where to turn (here)!  Hope you are finding helpful support by being here.  It's always nice to see the friendships here too.  Take care buddy.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846