Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: What's For Dinner ?

I made Pumpkin, sweet potato and potato soup , it was yummy

What do you Like @Former-Member, @MadameMeow, @Rosa, @denial

Pumpkin_Sweet_Potato_Soup-300x198.png

Yum Yum @Faith-and-Hope

Zuccinni and carrot quince is really good and easy to make , have it for dinner, or make muffins out of it , easy to reheat , have as a snack, or lunch

How about you @PeppiPatty, @Former-Member

carrot-and-zucchini-slice-18304_l.jpg

yeay like the sweet potato-pumpkin mix too.

Been adding cauliflour ... for thickening and creaming up other soups ..YUM

here a little light distraction on 

History and Current pract .. in psychoanalysis ..

I am sure all the head honchos in psych .. eat ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkk17cfr4R8

I find it fascinating .. lol .. 

cheers apple

Salmon Cakes

Directions

1. Saute onions in 1 TBS olive oil until cooked through but not brown.
  2. Drain liquid from the salmon.
  3. Combine salmon, sauteed onion, breadcrumbs (parsley if you use plain breadcrumbs), eggs, salt, and pepper.
  4. Form mixture into patties.
  5. Melt butter and oil in a pan.
  6. Brown salmon patties on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side).
  7. Place cooked patties on a paper towl to absorb excess oil.

salmon.jpg

What`s for Dinner @Former-Member, @Determined, @Former-Member, @soul,

Hello @Faith-and-Hope, @Appleblossom, @Newwave, @Lunar

hello

@Rainydaze, @Faith-and-Hope, @Anony18, @Mudingoon, @concerned_mum, @Amy2, @Littleshining1 @HayleyWilliams1, @MissSlytherin,   @stillhopeful17, @Twinings Smiley LOLSmiley LOL, @OzK  @CriCri63 @Katkat  @Prayne .....  @no_more_ideas .... @Bee40 and @Beermoney @emlouise

@Twinings, @Natalie, @roses1 xx @Arie, @Sissy88, @Waterlily, @suzanne, @Baboo

would you like zuccini and carrot quince , and we have a chef here too @OzK

Hello @Shaz51, how are things?

I am thinking I might have to make zucchini slice after seeing that similar one you posted, delicious, plus it's good cold or hot the next day 🙂 Just have to wip up a yum salad with it, maybe I'll attempt a Caprese Salad, just to make it extra fancy ❤️ How are your kidneys treating you today? Heart

Screenshot 2017-04-06 14.23.40.png

Hello @Lunar Smiley LOL

zucchini slice is great hot or cold -- one of mum``s favourite, so making her some too

that salad looks nice

Thank you @Lunar xx yes the kidney is going ok -- saw the dietician last week and she wants me to reduce sugar , salt from my diet , drink more water and lose some weight

I have lost 1kg so far

Hubby now has very high cholestrol as well as Mi  , and finding it hard to cut things out of his diet

How are you this week

Oh @Shaz51 that sounds really tough having to cut all of that out, well done on losing that weight, can't imagine that being easy at all! And on top of that your hubby sounds like his diet is really hard to keep up, are you having to cook lots at home?

My mum is on a similar diet as she is pre diabetic, but she managed to do very well over the last 9 months and has lost 20kgs or something ! Pretty impressive, she basically lives off vitaweats, salad and chicken/salmon and cups of tea haha. But she definitely is going to make sure she enjoys Easter choccy bunnies next week.

I have had a good week thank you, it's been really busy with work and uni and also looking for a new place to live and keep getting rejected so I am pretty tired of the constant excitement and then disappointment cycle as we have been looking for months. Atleast our current rental is month to month so there is no immediate rush! Other than that, all good here 🙂

Wow @Lunar, you have been busy

Congratulations to your mum HeartHeart

I am pre diabetic because of the kidney ,

Ha ha I love my tea too , and to @NikNik, I drink a lot of cuppas on the forum

Yes the doctor says he could of had a stroke or a heart attack any time , so now Hubby is trying to go off his meds with no support

None of the 4 step children are living with us now , all adults now , and thy are so much like their dad which his MI runs in his family -- passed down

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846