Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Our coping toolbox 🧰

@Kat75 sounds like maybe work is a bit of distraction and maybe self-care in some ways! 

I'm glad you've found our community too ❤️ 

Also, a hot tip: if you press "@" and then write someones name, it tags them so they get notified when you respond to them 😊 

@Former-Member. I am glad to have found this forum.

Hello @Little_Leopard , @Kat75 , @Former-Member , @SmilingGecko , @wellwellwellnez 

For myself as a carer , wife , a step mum of 4 

I feel guilty when I self care time on me so the little things seems to help me more 

Like having my hair done 

Sitting in the yard having a cuppa

Playing word games on my phone 

@Krishna , @Anastasia , @maddison , @Jacques , @Determined , @Smc , @Faith-and-Hope 

Hello @tyme 😀👋

How are you @Shaz51 ? I feel I haven't caught up with you for a long time.

I know @tyme , soo much going on , will have to update somewhere soon xx 

That's okay. I will browse the forums 🙂 @Shaz51 

Will tag you my friend @tyme 😀

These are so great everyone. I can totally see how we interpret self care as a chore. @Former-Member really helped to clarify to me the different levels. 

For me, at times self care is turning off technology & laying in dark room for 1/2 hour. It usually ends up being 45 mins & I feel surprised the time goes so fast.

Welcome @Kat75 😊 thankyou for sharing!

I agree @Shaz51 about feelings of guilt. I honestly can't imagine what it must be like having 4 children need you, along with all the other things you do. You're amazing. I hope I'm saying that right! From my perspective you should never feel guilty for getting your hair done!!😊 I think I can understand you are saying it would be difficult to switch modes.

@Shaz51 omg sounds like your life is hectic, you deserve to have time out. 

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846