Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

98002366_112279907154843_5767859281428742144_o.jpg

Was able to get and immediately install a basic clock in a spot where having one is useful. 

Our local op shops are due to open on the 1st June. Mr Darcy has put some things aside to go there.

Laundered the sofa throws over the last 2 days. 

Vacuuming on track but mopping still problematic.

hi @Former-Member , @Smc@Adge@Determined@Myself1 

cleaned mum`s place today 

and she had cleaned out her food cupboard  and had all the things on the bench for mw Smiley LOL

Was there much out of date food @Shaz51 ?  That has been a problem in my Mum's fridge/ pantry.

Was there much out of date food ---- no @Former-Member , mum threw them all out 

Butter, eggs, ect 

@Smc@Adge@Determined@Myself1 , @Former-Member 

I am starting to De Clutter my To Do List -

1) Tomorrow with Dr's appointment, then further follow-up appointments - for medical issues that have not been resolved (gotten worse).

Ear infection - hopefully not too hard to deal with.

2) Union Industrial Officer wants to speak to me (tomorrow) - about possible Class Action (legal case) against my Former Employer.

They dismissed dozens of staff at the same time - with no warning.

Talking about this with them is stressful - brings it all back up, & makes me feel worse.

3) A few other things have been De Cluttered, off my To Do List.

4) I put New Nest Box into Cage - for Fischer's Lovebirds.

Budgies had chewed old nestbox to shreds.

It would be nice if they would breed, & have baby Fischer's - considering how hard they were (are) to get.

Adge

Excellent @Adge 

Nice to see some self care being followed up on as well as nesting box installation.

@Shaz51, have done a big pantry clear out ourselves... spurred on by the fact that a mouse got into it. Smiley Frustrated It didn't do much damage, but the only way to be sure it was gone was to clear the shelves one at a time, starting with the top one. And yup, Mousie popped out as I started on the bottom shelf.

A few things I didn't think were edible went into the chook food bin. They're not as fussy as humans. Some "out of date" stuff I judged to pass as "use quickly", so those things are turning up in our dinners. And there were some helpful surprises. More dried fruit than I expected, for example. Mmmm nyum, fruitcake.....

Mice = yikes 

Pantry clean out =  yay

Reckon autumn is the season when rodents decide indoors is better than out @Smc 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846