Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Smiley LOL @Shaz51 
Glad to hear it's spreading a bit of cheer.

Didn't think to take a before pic but cleared area was all jungle well over head height except an area covered by trampoline.

It is an area in the middle of our yard contained by garden edge. Was all wood chipped with some order when we moved in but weeds have well and truly taken over now. 

way to go @Determined 

i have done no Decluttering and home maintenance today , maybe tomorrow xx

I had a bit of a woopsie  when I mowed what I thought was a patch of weeds. 

(Was co-existing with an overgrown patch of cobbler pegs) only to be asked 'what happened to my lillies' 

Hmmmm. What lillies 😳

ooppsy @Determined Heart

Mr Darcy once helped me plant a row of grevilleas and less than a week later mowed over the lot @Determined .

Sis did a little more tidying on her bench, yay. We did a jigsaw she had been given - found it had 2x missing pieces so it went into the recycling bin.

Mowed over the new Grevilleas @Former-Member OUCH (that hurts)....

The Garden dudes whipper snippered all my Osteospermum Daisies (several patches) months ago -

- they wiped out the entire lot - which had been happily growing for at least 10 years....

Adge

Hubby's been working on some workroom re-arranging. Still a lot to go, but what he's done looks good.

I cleared up around a rough firewood pile to make it a smaller pile so we had a flat space to put the new shed boxes. Next step will be clearing up and flattening the site they're actually going to go on.

That meant the trailer was free to pick up a dressing table Younger Daughter wanted. Sadly the mirror wasn't as secure as we thought it was and bounced off on the short 3 block drive home, hitting the road with a very musical tinkly crashing noise. Smiley Frustrated A friend who lived nearby heard the noise and came out to check, got a dustpan, brush and bucket and helped us clean up the road. (Keeping appropriate distance... but the nice upside of the loss was a chance for a friendly catch up chat.)

I think I'm more disappointed by that than our daughter is, but we've got another dressing table of similar age that is really scruffy and is being "retired" from service, so we'll pinch the mirror off that for her new one.

After some recovery time, "taking in what's happened" over the last few days (no work & other surprises)...

Will come some Decluttering (soon) I'm sure.

So "Watch this space" for the next (maybe exciting) installment...

Adge

I am sure your house will be sparkling and your paperwork all up to date at the end of the precautions @Adge 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Baptist Care SA ABN: 81 257 754 846